Are you an individual or part of a group that would like to feature in the pages of Heckington Living? We welcome contributions from everyone in and around the village if it will be of interest to our diverse readership, almost regardless of the subject.
We stay away from things that may be too adult (X-rated) and anything that is party-political but other than this, we are happy to consider articles of all sorts.
If you would like to submit an article, please keep the following in mind:
1. Articles that are not date-dependent may be submitted at any time and will be placed in a pool of articles for use in the magazine as appropriate.
2. We cannot guarantee that submitted articles will be used, or used in a specific issue.
3. Articles submitted after the deadline for a specific issue may replaced by another article. However, the submitted article may be saved and used in a later issue.
4. If your article is date-dependent, please get in touch as soon as possible so that we can try and allocate space for you in the appropriate issue.
5. It helps us plan the magazine if we know how long your article will be:
• Half a page = 400 words maximum.
• Full page = 800 words maximum.
• Double pages may be submitted but must be done in agreement with the Editor.
• We also welcome ‘filler’ articles of 200 words or less.
• Images accompanying an article will decrease the number of words that can be used.
6. If images are used, they must belong to the author/group and must NOT be lifted from the internet or other sources which may be protected by copyright.
7. Images should be 300dpi if possible please. Lower definition images may not be of sufficient quality for print.
8. If images of recognisable people are used, a Model Release form must be completed by the author to show that they have permission to use the person’s image. This is particularly important where children are shown.
To submit an article electronically, contact the editor at: [email protected] or to send a hard copy, contact The Editor, Heckington Village Magazine, c/o Community Hub & Library, St Andrew’s Street, Heckington, NG34 9RE.
Heckington Living is published on a bi-monthly basis.
2020/21 Copy deadlines:
April/May Issue – copy deadline is 29th February 2020.
June/July Issue – copy deadline is 30th April 2020.
Aug/Sept Issue – copy deadline is 30th June 2020.
Oct/Nov Issue – copy deadline is 31st August 2020.
Dec/Jan Issue – copy deadline is 31st October 2020
Feb/March 2021 Issue – copy deadline is 31st December 2020.
Copy submitted after deadline is unlikely to be included in the following issue, but may appear in a later issue.