Would you like to become a presenter on HLR? If so, keep reading!
Presenting at HLR is much easier than you think!
It’s great fun and you won’t need lots of expensive equipment
Check out what you need below
- A Windows PC, laptop, iMac, MacPro or MacBook with a wired internet connection and (very preferably) a line or mic input socket
- A studio quality microphone, stand and cable, with the right plug for your computer
- We use Sennheiser 825S mics (but there are cheaper alternatives)
- Stands can be floor standing or desk mounted
- A pair of wired, padded headphones so that the audio won’t be picked up by your mic
- We use Sennheiser HD206’s
- Software to arrange your playlist, mix your music, cue your microphone and stream it to HLR to Live365
- We use MIXXX which is available free
- You will also need to install the correct LAME MP3 encoder for your operating system
- Music to play during your show, without repeating tracks from the same artist or album in the same hour
- Tracks must be in MP3 format, tagged with artist, track, album and album artist
- Files should be >= 128kbps
- Software to level your music so that tracks play at the same volume
- We use Normalizer from Amvidia, but other software is available
Heckington Living Community Radio needs you!
Become a radio presenter with HLR!
For more information, contact: